Monday, July 18, 2005

Finally out of the mean time


Neighbor Ed and I just discussed fun, and the fact that we've surprisingly been having it. Both of us have semi-recently come out of love relationships. The first 1/2 of 2005 has been about surviving. I don't mean in terms of sustenance, but putting one foot in front of the other, kind of removed from my self, to subsist through excruciating emotional pain. I would describe my recent past as being similar to the agonizing separation and contrast after having seen a glimpse of god. I was exposed to the most delightful, intelligent, loving, silly, extraordinary, sexual, thoughtful, humorous, divine hue-mon. I was not just exposed, but rather utterly experienced him. And then...Like being skinned alive, he was removed from me. But that wasn't my point. My point is that I have been restored to someone capable of genuine, laughter-inducing, off-the-wall, be-yourself, fun. And I am reveling in the glory of all that is goofy, jolly, or crazy-whack-funky. booyaw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what i like most about you other than the heart-on-your-sleeve thing is your copious use of dated slang, a la Flavor Flav on reality TV/VH1.